This ring was great from start to finish. Vanessa came in with an existing ring with a ton of princess cut diamonds with a nice head-set center diamond. The design was good but was not exicuted well. It was our job to redo the same design but beef it up by channel setting all the stones including the main diamond. I first carved the wax model. I used two color waxes so we could be clear on which pieces were to be cast in yellow gold and which in white. Note: I had over-cut the channel so I filled it in with a purple repair wax. After we cast the rings I channel set the princes cuts, polished the individual rings then assembling the jewelry. I was not comfortable just channel setting the major spanning across the opening, so I soldered in a small circle of wire to seat the stone securely and to keep it from getting bumped/rocked and becoming loose continually. I love how the center ring only is in contact with the finger, so, this wide ring does not feel tight and restricting.